Middle School English Language Arts Teacher
Contract Length: 2 years
Number of Vacancies: 1
- Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- Education Required: Bachelor
- Minimum Teaching Experience: 2 years of teaching experience
- Major: English Language & Literature Education
- Required Certificates: Teaching Credential/License
- Teaching Credential/License issued by government educational authority.
- Teaching credential in the specific subject area and grade level for this position. Please note: TESOL, TOEFL, IELTS, etc. training is not a sufficient credential on its own.
- Prior overseas teaching experience is desirable
- Readiness to be involved in extracurricular activities
- Native-speaker level of proficiency in English
Specific requirements include:
- Experience in the USA or international (IB, Cambridge, other) curriculum school is desired.
- Must be an experienced secondary school English Language Arts teacher.
- Must have a state/government-issued teacher license in Secondary School English/ELA (government certificate must be included with this application).
- Must have significant university-level training in English literature/language and teaching.
- Must provide a list of current supervisory references with this application.
To be considered for this position, you must prepare your TeachAway profile with:
- Full CV and reference information. References will be contacted. CV with your complete work history shown (employer, location, role) must be provided in the TeachAway profile. You may also submit up to 3 open letters of recommendation from supervisors (PDF), and your philosophy of education and teaching.
- A one-page cover letter specific to this role, explaining how your qualifications and experience make you a good candidate for this specific position and why you wish to join the ASU learning community in Mongolia.
- Scanned copy of your government-issued teaching credentials (State/government-issued teacher license in Secondary School English/ELA. Government certificate must be included with this application).
- Evidence of university-level training in English literature/language and teaching.
- Criminal record clearance from local and home country authorities (no older than 6 months) upon request.
- A list of 3 references with current contact information (email and telephone), at least two of your references must be your most recent supervisors in an educational setting.
All successful candidates must be able to provide a recent government-issued non-criminal record/police clearance (may be provided later, however, priority will be given to candidates who send this now).
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, based on qualifications and experience:
- International health insurance
- Mongolia offers a low cost of living
- Mongolian visa and work permit
- Free tuition for applicable candidates who come with dependents
- Shipping allowance
- Settling-in advance payment
- The ideal candidate will have at least two years of English Language Arts classroom teaching experience in a secondary (middle or high) school, or K-12 school, will have some international school experience, possess a state-government-issued teaching license, provide 3 supervisory references to be contacted, have excellent English verbal and written skills, and a Bachelor or Master degree in English.
An experienced, passionate, and creative English literature teacher who can foster stimulating discussions in engaging lessons for secondary school, nurturing students' dispositions, skills, knowledge, and understanding of the English language and literature to prepare for Secondary School classes.
You will be joining a team of supportive, dedicated professional educators in our mission to provide the highest level of instructional excellence within holistic, meaningful experiences to a caring community of learners, all within the framework of internationally recognized standards of student learning and achievement.
The successful candidate will be fully certified in Secondary School English Language Arts teaching, have at least two years of English Language Arts classroom teaching experience in a secondary (middle or high) school, and will have at least some international school experience, possess a state/government-issued teaching license, provide 3 supervisory references to be contacted, have excellent English verbal and written skills, and a Bachelor or Master degree in English Language Arts Education or closely related field. Strong working knowledge and experience with English Language Learners (English as a Foreign Language), including strategies and differentiation for ELLs, is a must.