Middle School Social Studies Teacher
Contract Length: 2 years
Number of Vacancies: 1
- Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- Education Required: Bachelor
- Minimum Teaching Experience: 2 years of teaching experience
- Major: History, Social Sciences, Education
- Required Certificates: Teaching Credential/License
PDF FORMAT ONLY: Applicants must upload the ALL of the following to Teach-Away to be considered
- A 1-2 page cover letter specifically styled for this vacancy, discussing your interest in the role, your qualifications and experience for this role, your philosophy of education, and your passion for science education. You should discuss how you have supported all students, including those with special needs and those with developing English language skills. You should also address your interest in ASU specifically and Mongolia in general.
- CV showing ALL personal information (vital information, marital status, spouse/partner information, current and former residences, social media pages) all full-time employment, start-end dates, reasons for leaving, and any gaps explained. All current and former names, addresses, date of birth, dates of degrees/certificates awarded, etc.
- Three or more supervisor references (including your most recent job) with email & telephone contact information
- Teaching license/certificate (for secondary science education, science, or mathematics) issued from your state/country government agency/ministry of education.
- University diplomas
- University transcripts
- Most recent police clearance/criminal background check (issued within the past 3 years; a current one will be required before hiring).
- Verifiable government-issued non-criminal record check from home country and previous countries where they have worked (FBI, Interpol, or other national authority).
- have excellent English verbal and written skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in history education or history field
- possess a current government-issued teaching license
- preferably some international school experience
- at least two years of History classroom teaching experience in a secondary (middle or high) school
ASU offers a competitive salary and benefits package, based on qualifications and experience:
- International health insurance
- Mongolian visa and work permit
- Free tuition for applicable candidates who come with dependents
- Shipping allowance
- Settling-in advance payment
Experienced, fully credentialed teachers will enjoy a low cost of living and numerous benefits in a country filled with history and opportunities for discovering one of the "best-kept secrets" in international education.
We seek an experienced, passionate, and creative general social studies teacher, able to create hands-on, inquiry-based activities, and generate stimulating discussions in engaging lessons for middle school students to develop their dispositions, skills, knowledge, and understandings of social sciences to be prepared for High School and beyond. The right candidate will have strong knowledge of history, history education, and modern and progressive teaching and learning models, including strategies for supporting English Language Learners.
ASU is a US-accredited school and follows a typical American school calendar with 180 instructional days, and our teachers engage in many aspects of school life, including professional learning opportunities, Parent-Teacher conferences, co-curricular activities, normal supervision duties, teacher-centered committees for school improvement, and various student-centered activities throughout the year. A typical teaching load will be thirty 40-minute periods per week (or equivalent).Apply for this job