We are proud to announce that ASU has been granted a Six Year Accreditation Status, which is the highest accreditation rating that is awarded by The Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, (WASC)
WASC is a world- renowned accrediting association in the United States, under the U.S. Department of State. The Visiting Committee of WASC spent 4 days in March visiting classes and talking to our teachers, students, parents and administrative staff about the 2-year Self-Study process.
The Self-Study process is integral to a school’s perpetual cycle of assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring, and reassessment based upon student achievement. It fosters excellence in elementary, secondary, and postsecondary education by encouraging school improvement through a process of continuing evaluation and to recognize schools that meet an acceptable level of quality.
Why is accreditation important for ASU?
We want to be assured that our school’s purposes are appropriate and accomplished through a viable education program. It demonstrates that we have achieved an international standard of education with validated programs and transcripts, and are a trustworthy institution for student learning!
How to check ASU Accreditation
Click here and type: American School of Ulaanbaatar
WASC Main Office
533 Airport Boulevard, Suite 200
Burlingame, CA 94010-2009
Phone 650 696-1060
Fax 650 696-1867
Fred Van Leuven
Marilyn S. George
- ACS WASC Commission activities and issues
- All regional schools (initial, full self-study, mid-cycle, probationary, substantive change, and special visits)
- Business division
- Publications, stamps, and flags
- Shipping of all materials
- Complaints (Hawaii, Pacific Islands, and international schools)
- Visiting committees (Northern California, Hawaii, Pacific Islands, and international schools)